Procure Partnerships Framework Contractor Partners Stepnell have started work on a multi-million-pound transformation of Northampton’s Market Square, on behalf of framework user West Northamptonshire Council.
This Project was procured via the Procure Partnerships East Midlands Framework with Stepnell appointed under a Single Stage Competitive Tender. The project is currently being monitored via Compliance Chain.
Northampton’s Market Square will be transformed into a beautiful, historic public space as part of the project. This will include high-quality paving and materials, an interactive water feature, bespoke fixed stalls, more trees and tiered seating, as well as improved event spaces.
Commemorating the occasion with a ground-breaking ceremony, key stakeholders came together to mark the start of the project, which will take shape over the next 18 months.
Adrian Barnes, Regional Director at Stepnell: “We are excited to be commencing the redevelopment of the Market Square in Northampton town centre.
“This is an important project in the transformation and regeneration of the town centre and we are proud to be part of the Council’s vision for the town”.
Stepnell aim to improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the local area through various Social Value initiatives, including:
• Commitments to support as many businesses as possible with the potential disruption whilst works are carried out.
• Special attention is to be applied to independent businesses who will find the transition particularly challenging such as cafe track
• Supporting our sub-contractors, specifically Danaher and Walsh with their social value commitments to provide support to the Northamptonshire community
• Regular community meetings with business and the community to discuss concerns, issues, development updates and social value delivered.
• Employing a local workforce and local supply chain within 30 miles
• Donating voluntary hours to working with local schools and colleges, delivery careers support
• Providing opportunities for apprentices and trainee to gain experience on site
• Car sharing and recycling schemes